- This event has passed.
Coonabarabran | 1-Day DV-aware Workshop – open to everyone
November 25 @ 9:00 am – 5:00 pm
25 Nov 2022 | 9.00am – 5.00pm
Coonabarabran Bowling Club, Edwards Street, Coonabarabran NSW 2357
1-Day DV-aware is an interactive workshop where participants can learn how to recognise and respond to domestic and family violence and what they can to do to help make a difference.
DV-alert is led by experienced trainers dedicated to reducing violence against women and their children. Our 1-Day DV-aware workshop provides a safe space to learn, connect and be empowered to recognise and respond confidently to those in crisis.
What will I learn?
In attending our 1-Day DV-aware workshop you will:
• know how to identify the different signs and forms of abuse that constitute domestic and family violence
• learn about the Cycle of Violence and the Power and Control Wheel (The Duluth Model)
• reflect on and share what you can do if you know someone who is experiencing domestic and family violence
• have an opportunity to network with other individuals
• receive tools and references for domestic and family violence support and referral.
Who is it for?
• Anyone living in Australia.
• Minimum age: 18-years-old.
• Also suitable for organisations
This workshop is free for adults. DV-alert training is funded by the Australian Government Department of Social Services.
Training delivered by Lifeline Australia (RTO 88036)