- This event has passed.
DV-alert 2-day Workshop – Orange
December 13, 2021 @ 9:00 am - December 14, 2021 @ 5:00 pm
TIME 9.00am – 5.00pm
VENUE Orange City Bowling Club, 61-89 Warrendine St, Orange NSW 2800
To register https://www.dvalert.org.au/enrolment-forms/general-orange-orange-city-bowling-club-cselif05218
Lifeline’s DV-alert* (Domestic and Family Violence Response Training) is a nationally recognised training program that enables frontline workers to confidently:
• RECOGNISE signs of domestic and family violence (DFV)
• RESPOND with appropriate care
• REFER people experiencing or at risk of domestic and family violence to appropriate support services
Who is eligible to attend?
All health, allied health, community, higher education, childcare frontline workers
What is the cost of the training?
The training fee is waived for health, allied health, community, higher education, childcare frontline workers.
On top of that, Lifeline will cover reasonable costs of participants requiring travel, accommodation and staff backfill. Visit www.dvalert.org.au for more information
What are the benefits of the training?
• Statement of Attainment for the unit of competency CHCDFV001 – Recognise and Respond Appropriately to Domestic and Family Violence
• Points for professional development, specifically for nurses (Continuing Professional Development/CPD hours of the mandatory 20-hour requirement for annual registration; 13 Continuing Nurse Education/CNE hours of the 30-hour professional development annual requirement
• Opportunity to network with other frontline workers in the community
• Improved referral knowledge through increased knowledge of resources and support.